Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Oh Groningen...

Hello there!
I hope you are all doing okay?

Well, I did mean to post yesterday and wish my lovely friend Stella a very

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Thing was, we only arrived home on Monday evening after spending 4 nights in The Netherlands, Stella's home city of Groningen to be exact... And I was totally exhausted!

We had the most amazing time with Stella and her family


Here we are having dinner with Stella, her lovely husband Marcel and their youngest son (my second son) Martijn. Some of you may remember that Martijn spent 6 months here in Liverpool at our University and we became very close...

I will share more photos of our trip once I've had time to sort them ... My goodness, they took us just about everywhere and we LOVED The Netherlands!

For now I'll share the card I made for Stella 


A watercolour BG with some of the dies also cut from my watercoloured pieces


For the first time I was able to deliver this personally, even though her actual birthday was the day after we left


I'm aware that I have a ton of catching up to do, but Pat will be here in a few hours so it may be later in the week...

Have a great day!

Till soon

~ Ros ~



19 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Everyone looks so healthy and happy! I love seeing pics from wherever you go, Ros. It would leave me exhausted, but in good spirits. Love the card you made. Those bubbles and the underwater effect -- very cool! Enjoy Pat and getting back into the routine!

Mac Mable said...

So glad the trip went well and you all enjoyed yourselves. Gorgeous card for Stella, with lovely colours, so creative and fun die cuts x

Greta said...

I've been thinking of you 2 knowing much fun was happening! Glad you're home safe & sound, Ros! I know Stella treasures this gorgeous, artistic card made with colors she loves! You are such an artist, my friend! Hoping Ginger cat is doing better. Hugs, Greta

Diane said...

Oh how very FUN and am so glad you had such a good time...love the picture of you all, it looks like an amazing place to dine!! Your card is beautiful and how nice you could actually hand it over in person, what a treasure she received, I would frame it!!

Sue Lelli said...

I'll bet YOU were the best birthday gift for Stella! LOVE this photo and LOVE that you were able to hand her this BEAUTIFUL birthday card in person! Just GORGEOUS, Ros!

nancy littrell said...

Absolutely Gorgeous watercolored background for your die cut under water images. Love your choice of colors too. TFS your photo with your DH and friends:-) Your posts and cards are always worth waiting for Ros. Rest up and we will see you soon! Hugs.

Maria said...

How awesome to visit, Stella and family! To hand deliver a birthday card makes it extra special, so sweet! I'm sure she was thrilled with the gorgeous card in lovely color! I can see by the photo you all had a grand time, how fun!!

BożenA said...

This card is awesome! The watercolor background is so beautifully done! I love changing the intensity of color, it looks stunning.
Hugs,
BozenA

Carole said...

Super card Ros...I love your design and of course I love blue and greens too. I expect this went down well with your friend and you had a good trip!

Darnell said...

Welcome home, Ros! How wonderful that you went on holiday to spend time with Stella and her family! Your card for her is spectacular! You really manage to make a few splotches of watercolor evoke whatever you want, whether it be ocean, or sky, or sunset, etc.! I'm in awe!! Hugs, Darnell

Marina said...

What a fabulous watery card and so great you were able to hand deliver.

Linda Breedlove said...

SO beautiful... I just love the water coloring!!!!

Tracy said...

So pretty. You have quite the hand with watercolors. Glad you enjoyed your trip. :-)

Barbara said...

Looking at this card makes me feel I'm right there in the water... lovely! So good to know you enjoyed the visit to Groningen so much and am looking forward to reading more about it!

Sylvia said...

So many beautiful cards to look at, Ros, I could stay all day! Glad you had a wonderful trip!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Glad you had fun in The Netherlands! Love your beautiful card too!

Stella said...

It has beena-m-a-z-i-n-g. It was so lovely to have you here and I am so happy that we could show you a bit of Groningen and the Netherlands. Your card is STUNNING! In real it's even more gorgeous. Did you get some sleep and feeling less exhausted? It sure were busy days.... Thinking of you and miss you!!
XXXXXXX

Barb in AZ said...

So very pretty. Love your color choices. Thanks for your inspiration.

Tina said...

Loved your card blue and green are my favourite colours how did you do the bubbles