Friday, September 15, 2017

Bluebell...

Hello... Happy friday!
 
Rain has held off so far today and the sun is shining so that can't be bad. I haven't done any papercrafting lately except for club stuff, instead I got out my crochet hooks and I'd like to introduce you to Bluebell
 
 
I'm progressing slowly and here I experimented with making curly hair - I used a pencil to wrap wool around, heated it with my heat tool and voila! It worked!
 

I found the pattern for the boots Here   I did find them a bit fiddly at first but I succeeded and added my own little frill to them. 
The dress was another story... I'm slowly learning to find my own way

 
...So much so that her friend "Daffodil" is almost finished too. 
 
As for my Aunt, well she finally got the go ahead to travel and then the hospital called asking her for more blood tests... They were supposed to do them yesterday but once again it's been cancelled until next week.
I have a strong belief that everything happens for a purpose so I'm just happy to wait... And anyway my hubby has to go to hospital next week... They found an abnormality in one of his scans, fingers crossed it will be ok.... It's been a hectic few weeks but at least I can lose myself in my hobbies.
 
I hope you have a lovely day and your upcoming weekend is a good one...
 
Till soon
 
~ Ros ~

17 comments:

Diane said...

Oh my she is so precious and I love love the names you are giving them, can't wait to see Daffodil as it's my favorite flower...and gee then you could do Violet and Iris and and and...lol...how fun!! Hope all works out for your aunt and your hubby, it seems life just gets harder and harder when we get older, at least around it's that way...lol. Well have a happy day my friend!!

Marcia Hill said...

And here I thought your little Flower Girl was as cute as it could get, but oh my Ros, this little Bluebell is absolutely ADORABLE! I can't believe all the detail you get with just crocheting...I am very, very impressed!! Sure seems like you've been waiting a long time for all the pieces to fall into place for your Aunt to come...I hope things work out for the best soon! And with your husband too!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :0)

Mac Mable said...

Bluebell is so pretty and love her hair x You truly are mastering these cute makes Ros x Yes things are meant for a reason and hope your Aunt can visit soon and hope all goes well for your husband x

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh how sweet Ros! She's so adorable! I'm amazed at all the tiny stitching! You do amazing work!

Barbara said...

Bluebell is a cutie - and I can wait to meet Daffodil! What a lot of back and forth with your aunt, though... you're lucky with your somewhat fatalistic predisposition that everything happens for a reason; that helps a lot, I'm sure. Keeping my fingers crossed for your husband's hospital stay next week.

Leslie Miller said...

Bluebell is adorable! Honestly, your little flower girls would be such a fun collection. They look perfect to my eyes. I can't wait to see Daffodil! Yes, there's a point at which you just have to settle down and wait. I sure hope everything's okay with your husband. I'm glad you can lose yourself in your hobbies. With all that's been going on here I'm having a hard time losing myself or even finding time for crafting.

Stella said...

I just mailed you.....XXXXXXX

Maria said...

Bluebell is just darling! Love her hat, curly hair, and sweet dress! Can't wait to see her friend, Daffodil! Hope things progress along for your Aunt. And, thoughts and prayers for things to go well with your husband, too!

Marina said...

She's adorable!

nancy littrell said...

Bluebell is adorable:-) Hopefully your DH and Aunt's tests turn out fine. I agree...our hobbies make stressful times better. Hugs..

Greta said...

You have the right mind set, Ros. Sending hugs & positive thoughts your way--wish I could take you to coffee! I'm so in awe of your darling crocheted creations! Being a curly haired gal myself--I adore her hair! Everything about her looks perfect to me--so, so cute! Can't wait to see Daffodil! You're going to have to open a boutique shop!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Bluebell got her hair permed with a pencil and a heating tool!! Pretty curly hair! If you come up with something which will dye my gray as easy, please let me know! ;-P Joking aside, She's adorable - I especially love her dress and boots with white trims! Hideko

Mia said...

Bluebell is such a pretty doll, Ros! I love it, my friend. It is perfect!!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

She is sweet and lovely!
Sorry to hear about Ian, all the best for the test, and I am sure aunt will be here soon! Take care!
I too have a medical scare that is worrisome, I can only hope for the best!

Tracy said...

That hair! She is gorgeous. I can just picture her running around in your garden. hee hee

Kara Lynne said...

This little girl is so precious! Those curls are wonderful, and all your little details are so sweet! I hope all is well with your husband, and your aunt will be with you soon.

Sylvia said...

So cute!